Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.
My mom volunteers at a Hospice shop and on their ‘free’ table she grabbed an unopened bottle of Argan Oil for me. Being a sucker for all things skin and hair related – I was over the moon when she passed it my way! Assuming I would use it for my hair as a hot treatment, I flipped the bottle over to read the instructions and BAM – ‘Pump three times and apple to clean, damp skin.’ So, pump I did.
I used it on my face and will never, ever look back!
Some Benefits from arganoilsociety.org:
Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin
Argan oil is a complex mixture of chemical compounds like fatty acids (80%), polyphenoles, antioxidants, carotenoids and other acids. Each of these components adds in a particular way to the inventory of uses of Argan oil. Some of the benefits of Argan oil for the health and treatment of the skin can be recognized as;
- Argan oil protects the skin against wrinkles appeared due to premature aging. It also helps reduce the appearance of crow’s feet (wrinkles under the eyes).
- It is a very good remedy for dry skin. It does freshen and soften the skill more readily than any other skin softness creams or oils do.
- Protein rich Argan oil is very good for the elasticity of skin. It strengthens the protein bonding structures in the skin which works to tighten the skin and make it look fresh.
- Argan oil is good for reducing skin irritation. It quickly heals the marks caused by scratching on skin.
- One of the most amazing facts about Argan oil is that along with dry skin it is equally good for oily skin. Sebum is an oily substance secreted by sebaceous glands which keeps the skin wet and protects against dryness, but its excess secretion is bad for the skin. Argan oil regulates the secretion of sebum and keeps it to a manageable level.
- Argan oil helps to prevent stretch marks on skin made by pregnancy.
- It gives strength to the weak and easily breakable nails. It also strengthens the delicate skin at the root of nails and makes it smooth.
- Argan oil is useful in the treatment of skin inflammatory diseases like Acne, Chickenpox and Psoriasis. Red dots or patches appear on the skin in these diseases.
- In Arthritic and Rheumatic conditions in which joints and tissues of the body are damaged, Argan oil greatly soothes and reduces the pain.
Check your skin type and if the shoe fits – DO IT.